Manu Ginobili is going into the Naismith Basketball Hall of Fame on Saturday, September 10, 2022. A second-round pick in 1999, he captured the hearts of San Antonio Spurs fans while helping the franchise win four titles across his 16-season career. After having his number 20 already retired by his team, Ginobili will now accept the greatest honor in the sport.
If you’re trying to watch the coverage of the 2022 Basketball Hall of Fame Ceremony, keep reading for all of the details.
Manu Ginobili Hall of Fame Schedule
Friday September 9, 2022
- 1 p.m. CST – Hall of Fame Press Conference
- The inductees of the Hall of Fame Class of 2022 speak with the media.
- 3 p.m. CST – San Antonio Spurs vs Phoenix Suns Western Conference Semifinals Game 6
- Manu Ginobili scored a team-high 33 points off the bench to help the Spurs eliminate the Suns. San Antonio advanced to the Western Conference Finals against the Utah Jazz.
Saturday, September 10, 2022
- 6 p.m. CST – Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
- Hall of Famer Tim Duncan will induct his former teammate Ginobili into the Hall of Fame. Following Duncan’s presentation, Ginobili will give his speech to thank his former Spurs teammates. He will surely recognize his home of Argentina as well. In the 2004 Summer Olympics, Ginobili helped Argentina to a gold medal after, defeating Team USA and the Spanish squad in the process.
Who is Being Inducted in the Basketball Hall of Fame 2022 Class?
The 2022 Hall of Fame Class includes nine honorees from the NBA and WNBA and eight others for their contributions to the game. These individuals include players and coaches, both national and international.
From the NBA, Ginobili is joined by Tim Hardaway as the other player in this year’s class. NBA coach, and former Spurs player, George Karl will go into the Hall of Fame, as well referee Hugh Evans. Entering Springfield on the WNBA side are players Lindsay Whalen and Swin Cash, as well as coach Marianne Stanley.
Various other committees attached to the Hall of Fame have also inducted the following: Lou Hudson (Veterans Committee), Larry Costello and Dell Harris (Contributor Committee), Theresa Shank-Grentz (Women’s Veterans Committee), and Radivoj Korac (International Committee). Three more players are also being inducted by the Early African American Pioneers Committee with Wyatt “Sonny” Boswell, Inman Jackson, and Albert “Runt” Pullins.
How to Watch the 2022 Basketball Hall of Fame Ceremony
The weekend’s festivities will be broadcast exclusively on NBA TV, starting on Friday. If you don’t already have a subscription to the service, you’re unfortunately out of luck. NBA TV is currently not taking new subscribers, according to its website.
In the absence of being able to watch the coverage live, be sure to follow the action on our Twitter account @ProjectSpurs for highlights.